E.E.C.U. Mission Statement
Our purpose is to achieve unrivaled member satisfaction by understanding our members' financial needs and providing quality financial products and services.
Educational Employees Credit Union was founded on April 21, 1934, as Fresno Teachers Credit Union by nine educators who shared a passion for providing low-cost financial services to the educational community. By the end of 1937, E.E.C.U. had 156 members and assets totaled just over $10,000. In the late 1940s, Fresno Teachers Credit Union took up residence in donated space in an office at Fresno Junior College. In 1963, the F.T.C.U. board of directors approved plans for a new, free-standing building that would serve as the credit union’s only office until our Barstow branch opened in 1975.
It wasn’t until 1980 that the credit union began offering checking accounts. Other products and services like Visa credit cards, debit cards, share and IRA certificates, and online banking were introduced over the years. In November 1981, the Board of Directors of Fresno Teachers Credit Union elected to change the name of the credit union to Educational Employees Credit Union to better describe the common bond of the membership served by the credit union.
Today, we serve a broad spectrum of the educational community. Our members are teachers, school employees, students, members of school organizations, and their family members in Fresno, Inyo, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, Monterey, San Benito, San Luis Obispo, and Tulare Counties.
E.E.C.U. proudly supports numerous programs, activities, and events in the community and has a long history of stability, strength and integrity.