Switch Kit

Band Title

Band Subtitle

Zone Title

Zone Subtitle

Feature Wrap Title

Feature Wrap Subtitle

Make the Switch to EECU!

Switching your accounts may seem overwhelming, but Educational Employees Credit Union makes it easy. Our helpful Switch Kit forms will guide you through the process of opening your account, changing your direct deposits and automatic withdrawals, and closing your old account.

Step 1: Open your EECU Checking Account

EECU's Checking Account has many benefits:

  • No monthly maintenance fee
  • No minimum balance requirement
  • Unlimited check writing
  • Overdraft protection (not available on the Right Start Checking account)

Compare our Checking account features and benefits to see which account is right for you.

To open your account simply apply online, at any EECU branch, or by phone at 1-800-538-3328.

Step 2: Change your Direct Deposits

Transfer your direct deposits from your old checking account to your EECU Checking account. Use our Change Direct Deposit Form and send it to:

  • Your employer's human resources department
  • The company handling your retirement or pension payments
  • The Social Security Administration. If you receive SSI payments, contact them directly for instructions on changing these deposits to your EECU account. Their number is 800-772-1213.
  • EECU's routing number is 321172594. Your Checking account number can be found on the bottom of your check. See example below:

Check Image

Step 3: Change your Automatic Withdrawals

Use our Change Automatic Withdrawal Form to change the automatic withdrawals/payments to your new EECU Checking account. Be sure to contact each bill payer a few weeks after you submit your request to ensure the change was made.

Step 4: Close your old accounts

Be sure to leave your old accounts active long enough to allow outstanding checks and automatic withdrawals to clear. Leave enough money in the account to cover these transactions; this may take several weeks. Once you're sure that the old accounts are inactive, you can send the Close Account Form to the institution and request the balance from the account. Then, you can destroy your old checks, ATM/debit cards and deposit slips.

Group of young adults


Exterior of branch building


Woman viewing laptop