When you join Educational Employees Credit Union (EECU), you become a member – and an owner! Your Savings Account represents your share of ownership in EECU, and as an owner you have the right to vote in our annual election.
We are dedicated to improving our members’ financial well-being by helping them save, borrow, and invest wisely. Join us and experience all of the benefits of credit union membership!
Complete our online Membership Application or visit any EECU branch.
- Confirm membership eligibility *
- Complete a short application
- Save and resume application later, if needed.
- SSN and Date of Birth
- Mother’s Maiden Name
- Driver's license/government ID
- Second form of ID (e.g. utility bill or bank statement in your name)
- Current address & phone #
- Email address
- Membership Eligibility Proof ***
- Opening deposit: $5 for Savings ($10 for joint account); additional $5 for Checking
If this is a joint account, provide information for both applicants.
- Dividend-earning Checking with no monthly fee
- Low-rate auto, personal & home loans
- Low-rate Visa credit cards
- Free online and mobile banking
- Free online bill pay service
- Low fees
- Convenient branch & ATM locations
*I Qualify For Membership As:
- Certificated or Classified employee, or student, of a school/school district in any of the 12 counties EECU serves**
- Retiree of a school/school district who now lives in in any of the 12 counties EECU serves**
- Employee, contract physician or other medical professional service provider of Valley Children’s Healthcare
- Employee of St. Agnes Hospital who works in Fresno, CA, including those paid by Trinity Health
- Member of the former Sol Val Tel Federal Credit Union membership base. Click here for a detailed list.
- Relative or household member of an existing EECU member or a person eligible for EECU membership†
- Member of a Board of Education or Board of Trustees of a licensed/accredited school system in any of the 12 counties EECU serves**
**EECU serves the following counties: Fresno, Inyo, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, Monterey, San Benito, San Luis Obispo, Stanislaus, and Tulare.
***Examples of proof of membership eligibility for those who qualify as a school employee or student (and their family members) include paystubs, financial aid checks, STRS or other state retirement benefits; an employer or school ID; and the ability to login/access a student or parent school portal.
† Immediate family members are defined as parents, spouses, children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, grandparents, siblings, stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings and adoptive relationships. Household members are defined as those persons living in the same residence and maintaining a single economic unit with the eligible member.