Why did we change?
To offer you the latest personal financial management technology to help improve your financial life
FinanceWorks is no longer supported by our Online Banking platform partner
To partner with a leader in the money management industry and provide best in class service to our members
What are the new features?
- Improved category-level trends
- Debt payoff forecasting
- Detailed net worth analysis and tracking
- Expanded goals to include not only debt payoff, but savings and retirement goals as well
- Cash flow calendar
- Text alerts in addition to the email alerts
- Auto-categorization significantly improved from ~65% in FinanceWorks to ~90% in Money Management
- End user-initiated support requests that go directly to MX for fast, expert responses – guaranteed to provide a human response within one business day
- Account details will be refreshed nightly as we do in FinanceWorks, as well as real-time whenever you log into Money Management (including the Responsive Online Banking home page)
What is similar?
Many of the existing FinanceWorks experiences will continue to be available in Money Management, but with a completely redesigned look and feel:
- Access Money Management from the Online Banking menu, as well as from the ‘Outside Accounts’ and ‘Budget’ widgets on the Online Banking home page
- Outside account aggregation
- Significantly improved auto-categorization of transactions, including the ability to split categories, add sub-categories and flag a transaction as personal or business
- Spending pie chart
- Budgets, including smart auto-creation of budgets based on spending history
- Email alerts
Did anything change?
There are a variety of things that are being improved upon or are changing within Money Management, including:
- The ‘Spending’ widget on the home page is being replaced with an interactive ‘Budgets’ widget
- Tax Watch is being replaced with broader categorization reporting that includes not only charitable donations and child care expenses, but every other category as well
- ‘Outside Accounts’ and ‘Budget’ widgets available on the home page
Did everything migrate from FinanceWorks to Money Management?
While most account information was migrated from FinanceWorks to Money Management, including the names, account types and balances, there were some limitations:
We migrated approximately 18 months of transaction history for all accounts.
For security reasons, we did not migrate outside account login credentials. We don’t keep your passwords, so you’ll just need to re-authenticate the accounts similar to when you added them to FinanceWorks the first time. If you have an outside account set up in FinanceWorks, you will see an error message in Money Management that will walk you through providing your login credentials so that accounts will aggregate successfully from that point forward.
Money Management will look back 90 days for transactions that occurred between March 7 and the date you provide the credentials. We recommend that you re-authenticate your outside accounts as soon as you can after the March 7 upgrade.
Transaction categories were not migrated; instead, we allowed the Money Management auto-categorization processes to correctly categorize the transactions with more accuracy. Any custom categories or budgets you created did not migrate over, but the auto-categorization and budget creation did a lot of the updating for you.
Budgets were not migrated; instead, you can use the one-click automatic generation of budgets based on the improved transaction categorization.
Alerts were not migrated, but you can easily setup both email and SMS text alerts within Money Management.
Goals were not migrated; you are encouraged to setup not only Debt Payoff goals but Savings and Retirement goals as well.
If you have questions about the upgrade, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.