If You Are Having Financial Difficulty, EECU Is Here To Help
If you are experiencing difficulty in making your real estate loan payments, we want to help. Our experienced staff will listen to you and provide some options that may help you avoid foreclosure. The sooner you contact your lender, whether it is EECU or another institution, the better.
You may reach us at:
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
To reach a Real Estate Loan Specialist:
There are a few documents you will need to gather in order for us to assist you with your financial situation:
- Proof of income (paycheck stubs, tax returns)
- An itemized list of household expenses
- Other monthly obligations
- Copy of homeowners insurance policy
If you have fallen behind on your payments, here are some options that may be available to you depending on your lender and your individual situation.
- Repayment Plan - a payment schedule is created to help you repay the past-due amount and bring you current.
- Forbearance - the lender may reduce or suspend your mortgage payments for a period of time.
- Loan Modification - the loan is modified to help make the payments more affordable.
- Selling Your Home - the proceeds from the sale of your home may pay off your current mortgage debt.
If you need to talk to an EECU representative about help with other EECU loans or Visa cards, call us at 1-800-538-3328. We're here to help.
|Other helpful resources:|
|You may obtain free or low-cost counseling through the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The phone number is 1-800-569-4287.|
|ClearPoint Credit Counseling Solutions (formerly ByDesign Financial Solutions) is a non-profit organization that provides financial education and free budget and credit counseling. ClearPoint's team of financial counselors can help you with your debt problems, buying your first home, interpreting your credit report, and other financial questions you may have. Visit their web site, www.clearpoint.org, or contact them by phone at 1-800-750-2227.|
|The Homeownership Preservation Foundation (HOPE) helps homeowners avoid foreclosure. The help they offer is free. Their phone number is 1-888-995-4673, or you may visit their web site at www.995hope.org.|
- In this Section
- Protect Your Home from Foreclosure